Terms and Conditions for Chill Out This Summer Prize Draws Here
- The free prize draw is run by North London Waste Authority (“NLWA” or “the Promoter”), through its Wise Up To Waste (WUTW) brand. The prize draw is free to enter and no payment is required.
- To be eligible for the free prize draw, an entrant must be a resident of Great Britain in the north London Boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington and Waltham Forest (the Boroughs) and must be over the age of 18. Employees of NLWA or its affiliates or any third party directly associated with the administration of the prize draw are not eligible to enter. Failure to comply with any part of these terms and conditions will disqualify the respective entry from the prize draw.
- The opening date for entries is 8am on 23 July 2018 and the closing date is 5pm on 3 August 2018 (UK time) (“Entry Period”). Entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period and entries received after this time will not be valid.
- Two prize draws will be held during the Entry Period, comprising of one prize draw for each week. Each entrant is limited to one entry per social media platform per day, resulting in a maximum of fifteen entries via the three different social platforms of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram per person for each prize draw.
- Entries for the prize draws can only be made via Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram. Each entrant shall submit an entry to the prize draw by commenting on the ‘Chill out this summer - What am I?’ post with the correct emoji or answer to the statement. The answer to the statement will be posted after the post has closed for commenting that day.
- Entrants must also ‘Follow’ the corresponding @WiseUpToWaste accounts on Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram for entries to be included in the prize draw. Any comment with the correct answer whose user does not follow the corresponding social media account will not be valid.
- Commenting can only be valid for entry while the post is ‘live’ and open for commenting between 8.00am and 5.00pm (UK Time) the same day the post is posted by NLWA. Entries after this time (even if within the stipulated Entry Period) will not be valid for this post. Entries that are valid will be entered for the prize draw during the Entry Period.
- The entrants’ individual comment on each post will be assigned a number to act as their entry into the prize draw.
- For the prize draw, one entrant will be selected weekly during the Entry Period from all the entries made on the three social media platforms of Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram (there will be two winners in total for all entries made during the Entry Period).
- The first prize draw will take place at 11am on Monday 30 July and entries for the first prize draw will be taken from 8am on 23 July 2018 to 5pm on 27 July 2018 (UK time). The second prize draw will take place at 11am on Monday 6 August 2018 and entries for the second prize draw will be taken from 8am on 30 July 2018 to 5pm on 3 August 2018 (UK time).
- A winner will be selected for each of the two prize draws. Each winner will receive £350 worth of Travel Voucher for use at Flight Centre ltd. (The “Prize”).
- To select the winner the total number of comments by individuals on each post within the Entry Period with the correct answer will be counted. The number will be entered into Microsoft Excel to automatically generate a random number from between the range. The random number generated is the winning number in the prize draw and the associated comment with that number will win.
- NLWA shall contact the winners through a ‘direct message’ on the social platform they entered on to request that they reply with their name, an address in North London and a completed NLWA personal data consent form together with a valid proof of address (i.e. a digital copy of their Council Tax bill or Driving license), to show that they are a resident of one of the Relevant North London Boroughs in order to claim their Prize (collectively referred to as “the Selection Criteria”). If the winner does not respond to NLWA by 5.00pm on 20 August 2018 or does not meet or provide the information to meet the Selection Criteria, the winners’ Prize will be forfeited.
- Obscene or inappropriate entries, as determined by NLWA at its sole discretion, will not be accepted.
- NLWA takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, NLWA’s liability under or in connection with the prize draw or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the Prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, NLWA shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the prize draws or any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a entrant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the entrant and/or NLWA and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- NLWA will not process the personal data of entrants to the prize draw. NLWA will comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 when obtaining and processing the personal data of the winners. The lawful basis for processing the personal data of the winners of the two prize draws is consent. Please see NLWA’s Privacy Notice and Data Retention Policy for details on how NLWA processes personal data and the rights of data subjects.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and non-refundable and no cash alternative is offered. Where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, NLWA reserves the right to substitute that Prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond NLWA’s reasonable control, NLWA reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the free prize draw or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- NLWA’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Copyright and all intellectual property rights in all entries shall be owned by NLWA.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
- These terms and conditions and the prize draw are governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: North London Waste Authority, Unit 1B, Berol House, 25 Ashley Road, Tottenham Hale, London N17 9LJ
During summer, there are lots of fresh seasonal foods available, but the warmer temperatures can make them go off quicker if left out or not stored correctly. Chilling food in the fridge or freezer can extend the shelf life and keep it fresher for longer – saving you money and reducing your food waste.
There are simple ways to extend the life of food just by storing correctly in the fridge and almost all food can be frozen making it last much longer. The only exceptions are things like salad, soft cheese and cream. It’s also important to check your fridge and freezer are set to the right temperatures for storing to make the most of your food. A full list of handy habits to reduce your food waste and save money is available in our Food Waste Brochure.
Check out some helpful tips to store the different food types below, then enter our competition for a chance to chill out yourself this summer*. North London residents are eligible to win one of two £350 travel vouchers each week by visiting our social channels and entering the prize draws. Click on one of the icons below to visit our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages and enter. (*Terms and conditions in the link above apply)