Our popular Waste Less, Lunch Free events are back for the fourth year running! Come along for cookery demonstrations, free ‘tasters’, and plenty of giveaways and information to help you make the most of the foods you love, and save money. The ingredients for the dishes have been sourced from donations from local suppliers, where food was coming to the end of its useful life and therefore otherwise would have been wasted.
What’s it all about?
The average family could save £700 per year if they reduced the amount of food they waste. At our Waste Less, Lunch Free events, chefs carry out live cookery demonstrations which can help reduce food waste. We give out information leaflets and portion-measuring tools, and our team of advisers are on-hand to answer any questions.
Find an event near you
We will be visiting each of the north London boroughs (Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Waltham Forest). See the list below for more details:
- Saturday 24 June at London Fields, E8 3EU (Hackney), 9am - 11am
- Saturday 1 July at Jester Festival, Fortune Green, NW6 1DU (Camden), 12pm – 6pm
- Sunday 2 July at Nags Head Shopping Centre, N7 6PL (Islington), 11am – 3pm
- Saturday 22 July at Alexandra Palace Summer Festival, N22 7AY (Haringey), 12pm – 6pm
- Saturday 5 August at The Broadwalk Centre, HA8 7BD (Barnet), 11am – 3pm
- Sunday 6 August at Edmonton Green Shopping Centre, N9 0TZ (Enfield), 11am – 3pm
- Saturday 19 August at Bakers Arms, E10 6AJ (Waltham Forest), 11am – 3pm