What can I put in my recycling bin?
Your recycling bin is – the green bin or green bag
What can I put in my green bin or bag?
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Plastic bottles (rinsed)
- Tins, cans and foil (rinsed)
- Glass bottles and jars (rinsed)
- Tetra Pak
- Food and drink cartons
- Plastic bags and magazine wrapping
- Plastic cups and straws
- Other plastic food and drink packaging (such as yogurt pots, ice cream tubs,
- margarine containers, fruit punnets and bottle tops)
Each green recycling wheelie bin will have a sticker inside the lid telling you what materials can be recycled.
- engine oil
- household batteries
- textiles and clothing
These items can be recycled at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre