What can I put in my recycling bin?
(Click on your council's logo to access your local recycling web pages)
Your recycling bin is – The blue bin or blue sack
- Blue lidded wheelie bin - Most properties with a front garden are provided with a wheelie bin for their recycling.
- Blue sack - At some properties there is not enough room in the front garden or yard for a bin. In these locations residents will be asked to present their recycling in blue sacks for the normal collection
All people living in houses and flats and on estates can recycle:
- mixed paper (e.g. newspaper, magazines, junk mail, telephone directories)
- cardboard (e.g. corrugated cardboard, cereal packets, egg boxes).
- glass bottles and jars
- food tins and drink cans
- plastic bottles
- empty aerosols
- drink cartons
- plastic bottles and household plastic packaging
Please ensure paper and cardboard are clean and dry and all other items are free from food.
Please do not put the following items into your recycling container
- cling film
- all non carrier bags
- crisp packets
- plastic food wrapping
- any items containing food waste