Most of our RRCs will reopen on a restricted basis on Wednesday 13 May for residents who have booked a slot (please note that the booking site is not supported by Internet Explorer).
You can find out which sites are opening, and the hours they will be open, here.
Until the Government changes its guidance on social distancing you should only visit an RRC if you really need to. You can watch this video, which contains Government advice on visiting an RRC.
Booking is required
You will need a valid booking to visit any of our RRCs. If you do not have a valid booking you will be turned away from the site. You can book a time slot to visit an RRC here (please note that you will need an up-to-date internet browser to access the booking site - the site will not function with Internet Explorer).
The booking system has been introduced to minimise queuing time at the RRC sites, however, queues are still expected. Please don’t arrive before your confirmed slot as this will add to traffic congestion around the site and cause delays.
You can book a slot up to two weeks ahead.
Every site will have restrictions in place. This is to ensure the safety of site staff and visitors and to meet social distancing requirements. The conditions of entry for all sites are below:
- Visitors will need a valid booking before they leave home, or entry will be refused
- A limited number of cars will be allowed on site at one time
- Vans, trailers and pick-up trucks will not be allowed to enter - There is no pedestrian access to RRC sites
- Only one person should leave the car (unless you have a Blue Badge) while on site
- Visitors should keep 2m from other people when on site - Site staff will not be available to help with unloading –please make sure you can carry your items by yourself
- Please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times
- Only household waste (including small electrical appliances) and garden waste that can’t be stored safely at home will be accepted
- Check the latest information for the site you want to visit before you leave home
Accepted waste types
At the moment you will only be able to bring general household waste (including bulky waste as long as you can carry it yourself), garden waste and small electrical appliances to our RRCs.
You can find more detail about what will and won’t be accepted here.
What else can I do with my waste?
Please be responsible. Only visit an RRC if you really need to. You should try to make the most of your household waste and recycling collections and use any bulky waste and hazardous waste collections offered by your local borough.
Otherwise, please store items safely at home and to try and reduce the amount of waste you produce in the first place. You can find information, advice and tips on reducing your waste and making the most of household collections here.
You can find the answers to most Frequently Asked Questions here.
If you still have questions you can contact us by email or by phone on 020 8803 1322 .